Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentine's Day: Bad Poetry and GIMPed Images


Hello all! My eternal and undying love to you all.

Who loves Valentine's day?  You'd think I wouldn't be among them.  And you'd be right.  But I find it is a superb day to spend in thoughtful contemplation of existence.... just like every other day.  That's pretty much all I do in my free time.  Which, since I have been procrastinating all my homework, is pretty much every moment I'm not in class.  Go me.

Anyway, it is a day where sad intellectual types like myself will write sappy (or heart-wrenching) poetry.  Which I would certainly do as well if I was able.  Sadly, my lyrical talent is limited to contrived rhymes of ill portent.  But here goes:

If I Could Only Write a Poem...
a sad attempt at lyricism by Jean Borje

If I could only write a poem, I'd write it for you,
To say all in words that my love would be true.
My friends would call me crazy, and they'd likely be right,
(There are times I wish that they weren't so bright).

But alas, my rhymes always fail,
And pure emotion doesn't always prevail.
So I can only hope (with perhaps a prayer),
That you're out there, somewhere...

If I could only write a poem, I'd write it for you,
To say in my words that I believe.  I do.



and now that that's out of the way, here's Linkin Park.



No comments:

Post a Comment