Wednesday 9 November 2011

1000 Words: Chase Scenes They Haven't Done But Should

Everyone knows about the car chase. The longer the better, Hollywood seems to think. They're wrong, in my opinion, but that's another issue. Of course, sometimes it's the more the better, as in Quantum of Solace. That movie was terrible by the way.  As I recall, there was a foot chase, a boat chase, a plane chase, and, of course, a car chase.  All crammed into a short, substandard movie.  That got me to wondering: what's next for the quickly declining Action genre?  Will the next James Bond movie be even more "creative" in its chase scenes?  Here are some possibilities.

Can you think of anything quite this stupid?
A segway chase would be the height of hilarity

I don't know about you, but for me, the
mere idea of 007 bounding down the street
on one of these is almost reason enough to
pay the price of admission.

If Quantum of Solace didn't ruin the James Bond franchise
forever, I think having Bond strap himself in behind the wheel
of one of these puppies would surely do the trick.  Is anything
less dignified?  Maybe pogo sticks.

Every Bond movie needs an aquatic scene.  I think a tranquil
high-speed encounter with these beasts would do nicely.

I wonder if their moronic camera work could manage to make
a hot-air balloon chase seem exciting.

This would be good for the finale of my terrible, terrible 007
film.  Of course, if it's this funny, how could it be worse than
the last one?  You know, Quantum of Solace?  How many times
do you think I can mention that name in one blog post?


1 comment: